Welcome to the Retention Center at Penn State Lehigh Valley!
If success is your goal, then getting you there is ours! Students are our TOP priority.
The retention program is designed to help all students be successful. Whether you’re having trouble in a particular class, need to learn better study skills, need help with time management and/or need help with note taking skills, the iSucceed program is here to help. This program provides individual help to any student who feels like they are struggling or falling behind because academic success is key to preparing students for the workforce or future learning.
This program offers:
- Study Skill workshops both in the classroom and online.
- StudentLingo Videos
- iStudy for Success tutorials
- Help creating study calendars
- Explanation of class syllabi
- Help understanding ANGEL, Webmail, PSU texts, and other Penn State academic information tools
- One-on-one advising
- Help understanding the role of their adviser and making sure they are meeting with them on a regular basis
- Keys to making connections with their professors
- Skills to open lines of communication between faculty, staff and students
- Help utilizing resources on campus
- Campus involvement and/or community service opportunities
- Motivational speakers
- Help utilizing career services
- Peer mentoring