The University Health Services assists in maintaining and promoting the health of students. Every student is required to complete an online health history and immunization form. (Students born in 1956 or before are exempt.) Health services are made available to students at most campuses. (All medical information is kept confidential under the University Policy on Confidentiality of Student Records.) The University does not obligate itself for payment of medical services other than those provided by personnel employed or retained by the University and in facilities owned or contracted for or by the University. Treatment provided in contract facilities must be authorized by the campus executive officer or nurse. Students are urged to protect themselves against medical expenses that may be a result of injury or illness by arranging for personal insurance coverage.
On staff at the Lehigh Valley Campus is a registered nurse. The nurse performs her duties under direction of the campus physicians, Penn State's director of health sevices, and the student's family doctor.
Penn State Lehigh Valley Nurse
Arlene L. Quesada, R.N., B.S.N.
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Health Service Policy
- The University Health Service assists in maintaining and promoting the health of students.
- The Lehigh Valley campus is equipped with a health center and employs the services of a registered nurse.
- A local physician is available for consultation and referral.
- All new students must complete an online health history and immunization form. http:www.sa.psu.edu/uhs
- The University does not obligate itself for payment of medical services other than those provided by personnel employed or retained by the University and in facilities owned or contracted for by the University.
- Accident and sickness insurance is available online to all students.
- This program is sponsored by University Health Service.
- There are enrollment deadlines, so do not delay enrolling.
- For additional information, visit www.uhcsr.com/PennState.
Simple Steps for Submitting Your Health Information to University Park Health Services
1. Obtain the necessary information (immunization records from your family M.D. or use your immunization records from High School) to submit on line.
2. Access University Park's home page either directly or thorough our campus web site and click on Penn State Home (lower left hand corner of the screen).
3. Click on Current Students
4. Click on Health Services
5. Click on "Click Here" (Medical Requirements for New Students)
6. If for any reason you make a mistake, you may contact University Park @ 814-863-1975 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Print a copy of the information you submit for your record. You will need this information again!