What is Career Services?
Penn State Lehigh Valley Career Services exists to offer students many opportunities to prepare for the world of work throughout their undergraduate experience. As you navigate through this site, you will see a variety of resources and information for students, alumni, and employer partners. Please feel free to contact Career Services via email.
Career Services Goals
The goals of Career Services are as follows:
- To assist current students in career exploration and solidifying career and life goals.
- To assist students in gaining the experiences and skills they need to provide for a smooth transition into the workforce upon graduation.
- To develop and enhance relationships between students, faculty, employer partners, and Penn State alumni.
Services Offered by Career Services
- Major/Minor & Career Exploration
- Internet Resources
- Self-Reflection & Values Clarification
- Career Library
- Informational Interviews & Job Shadowing
- Support & Career Concerns
- One-on-one Appointments & Drop-ins
- Resumes & Cover Letters
- Interview Skills
- Job Offers & Negotiations
- Career Fair Preparation
- Graduate School Information
- Online Workshops
- Classroom Presentations
- Job/Internship Postings & Contacts
- Job Searching Techniques
- Career Fairs
- Employer Spotlights (information sessions & tables)
- On-campus interview programs
- Networking Opportunities (Pizza with a Professional, mock interviews)
- Nittany Lion Career Network (online job & internship system)
- LionLink (connecting PSU students & alumni)
- Employer & Student Events (etiquette lunches/dinners, Dress for Success, speed networking)
MyPlan is a comprehensive career planning tool that is beneficial for students who are undecided in major or want to explore different career opportunities. Students can also take personality, interests, skills, and values assessments which provide helpful information regarding choice of major and careers. The licensing code to take FREE assessments can be obtained from Career Services.
- Student Life Resources