Penn State Lehigh Valley offers students with many opportunities to develop their leadership skills. Lectures, workshops and volunteer opportunities are scheduled throughout the academic year to enhance and improve students’ skills.
To be considered for any of the listed positions, you must be in good academic standing. The application procedure involves the following steps:
- Submit a completed application with recommendations to the Office of Student Affairs. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- If selected, you may be required to interview before being considered for the position(s).
Potential Involvement includes:
- Lion Ambassadors strive to promote the pride of Penn State University and our Lehigh Valley campus. Lion Ambassadors give campus tours, assist with open house and participate in community service.
- New Student Orientation Leaders interact with new students and their families during Arrival Weekend and they present, facilitate, and coordinate orientation activities.
- Committee Memberships are various opportunities for student leaders to become involved in campus initiatives and programs.
- Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee allocates the funds generated from the activity fee for purposes that enhance the out-of-class experience for all students. Facilities Fee Recommendation Committee recommends projects to enhance the non-academic space on campus.
- Student Activities Student Advisory Board develops and implements events that support cultural, educational and social activities. The board also supports student organizations ideas to plan and develop programming.
- Emerging Leaders Mentors will assist with the successful community outreach programs offered through the Office of Student Affairs. Selected students may need to demonstrate Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal Record Check before hiring.
Please contact Student Affairs at 610-285-5021 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you again for your interest in becoming a student leader!