There are many opportunities for student leaders at Penn State Lehigh Valley to develop their leadership skills. Lectures, workshops, and volunteer opportunities are offered throughout the academic year for students.
Student Leaders also have the opportunity to attend two annual leadership conferences:
- Penn State Regional Leadership Conference (typically held in the spring semester)
- Penn State Summer Leadership Conference (typically held in the summer)
Leadership OpportunitiesTo be considered for any of the listed positions, you must be in good academic standing. The application procedure involves the following steps:
- Submit a completed application with recommendations to the Office of Student Affairs. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- If selected, you may be required to interview before being considered for the position(s).
Potential Involvement includes:
- Lion Ambassadors strive to promote the pride of Penn State University and our Lehigh Valley campus. Lion Ambassadors give campus tours, assist with open house and participate in community service. Contact Elena Douvanis, email@example.com.
- New Student Welcome Leaders interact with new students and their families during Arrival Weekend and they present, facilitate, and coordinate orientation activities.
- Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee allocates the funds generated from the activity fee for purposes that enhance the out-of-class experience for all students. Contact Dr. Tiffany Cresswell-Yeager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facilities Fee Recommendation Committee recommends projects to enhance the non-academic space on campus. Contact Dr. Tiffany Cresswell-Yeager, email@example.com.
- New Student Orientation Leaders assist with the program formally known as FTCAP. NSO leaders play an integral role in the orientation program and process.
- Student Government Association(SGA) SGA represents the student body and is comprised of elected officers and representatives from various interest groups of both first-year students and upperclassmen. SGA is comprised of the following committees: Student Life, Academics, Facilities, and Student Services. Contact Dr. Tiffany Cresswell-Yeager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Student Affairs at 610-285-5000 with any questions.
Thank you again for your interest in becoming a student leader!