To be considered for any of the listed positions, you must be in good academic standing. If selected, you must maintain the minimum GPA requirement throughout your tenure.
The application procedure involves the following steps:
1. Submit a completed application with recommendations to the Office of Student Affairs. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
2. If selected, you may be required to interview before being considered for the position(s).
Potential Involvement includes:
- Lion Ambassadors strive to promote the pride of Penn State University and our Lehigh Valley campus. Lion Ambassadors give campus tours, assist with open house and participate in community service. The minimum GPA to participate is a 2.5.
- New Student Orientation Leaders interact with new students and their families during Arrival Weekend and they present, facilitate, and coordinate orientation activities. The minimum GPA to participate is 2.5.
- Committee Memberships are various opportunities for student leaders to become involved in campus initiatives and programs. Minimum GPA to participate is 2.5. (Committees include Wellness and Diversity.)
- Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee allocates the funds generated from the activity fee for purposes that enhance the out-of-class experience for all students. Facilities Fee Recommendation Committee recommends projects to enhance the non-academic space on campus.
- Programming Board develops and implements events that support cultural, educational and social activities. The board also supports student organizations ideas to plan and develop programming.
- Emerging Leaders Mentors and Recreation Camp Counselors will assist with the successful community outreach programs offered through the Office of Student Affairs. Selected students will need to demonstrate Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal Record Check before hiring.
Please contact Student Affairs at 610-285-5021 or email@example.com with any questions. Thank you again for your interest in becoming a student leader!