Be a part from the start!
Thank you for your interest in Penn State Lehigh Valley! Whether you are a current high school student starting to research universities, or you are ready to apply, we want to help you manage the process of applying to Penn State as a first-year student.
Am I a first-year applicant?
First-year students are those who have earned high school diplomas or the equivalent by the time they enroll at Penn State. The following types of students are considered first-year applicants:
- Current high school student in his or her senior year
- Student who has earned a high school diploma or a GED and has no post-secondary coursework
- Student who has attempted 17 or fewer semester hours at another regionally accredited college or university before attending Penn State
- Individuals who have enrolled in other institution(s) before graduating from high school (dual enrollment)
- High school student who has attended Penn State on a nondegree basis