Penn State offers a high-quality education and is an excellent investment in your future. Financing that investment involves a partnership between you and the Office of Student Aid.
Federal and Penn State Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements
To receive and retain student financial aid, including the Stafford and PLUS Loans, undergraduate, graduate, and professional students must meet certain eligibility requirements. These requirements are as follows:
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) yearly
- Comply with Penn State's Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
- Remain in good standing on educational loans and grants per the National Student Loan Database System (NSLDS)
- Remain enrolled for at least six credits if you are an undergraduate student (some grant programs require full-time enrollment, which is indicated in each grant's eligibility), with the exception of the Federal Pell Grant, which has no credit minimum
- Remain enrolled for five credits at the 400-level or higher if you are a graduate student
- Be enrolled in an eligible degree program
- Be a citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security Number
- Have a high school diploma
- Be registered for the Selective Service if you are a male and are 18-25 years of age
- Comply with any and all verification requests
Financial Aid Office
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Financial Aid