Review the information below to see what your next step is.
Academic Renewal:Academic renewal (policy 58-60) provides an opportunity for former students to resume their academic career without being penalized by their past academic record.
- Minimum period of four years without enrolling in any Penn State credit course
- Previous cumulative grade-point average was less than a 2.00
A student who has been dropped from the University because of unsatifsactory scholarship is eligible to request reinstatement to degree candidacy (policy 54-80) if the following conditions have been met:
- Reduced the grade-point deficiency at the time of the drop by at least one-half.
- Reduced the grade-point deficiency below the point at which the student would be dropped again.
- Met any additional requirements for entrance to the college and major in which reinstatement is sought.
Reenrollment allows a former degree candidate (policy 58-00) to resume degree candidacy. Re-enrollment is appropriate if you:
- Withdrew from the University
- Interrupted continuous degree enrollment during fall/spring semester
- Were dismissed or suspended for nonacademic reasons
- Invalidated a leave of absence
- Plan to return for a second associate or baccalaureate degree
- Plan to return for graduation
- Voluntarily changed your enrollment status to nondegree
Contact the Registrar