Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

The Registrar is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.

Forms can be obtained from the Registrar, or you can download them from the official Penn State website.

Please contact kde1@psu.edu or call 610-285-5060 with questions.


Important Information from the Registrar

Adding a Course

You may add a course to your schedule during the first ten calendar days of a semester, if space is available.

Dropping a Course

If you drop a course from your schedule during the first ten calendar days of a semester, it will not appear on your transcripts. Courses dropped from the eleventh day until the last day of the twelfth week of the semester are considered late drops and will appear on your transcript with the designation of WP (passing), WF (failing), or WN (no grade). The use of the late drop privilege is limited to a maximum of sixteen credits for baccalaureate degree candidates and ten credits for associate degree candidates during each student's academic career.


Each credit requires a minimum of fifty minutes of class time per week. The typical 3-credit course meets three times a week for fifty minutes, or twice a week for seventy-five minutes. Students are classified as full time when carrying twelve or more credits per semester. Most courses are worth three credits, and students usually schedule five or six courses per semester.

Leave of Absence

Degree candidates may interrupt course work with a leave of absence from the University for up to one year. To request a leave, file a form with the Registrar's Office. If your request is approved, re-enrollment will not be necessary when you return. Remember, you cannot take a leave of absence without completing a semester; if you have not finished your course work and plan to leave, you must officially withdraw.

Official Withdrawal

If you decide to leave the University, do not just stop going to classes. Official withdrawal takes just a few minutes and makes it easier to come back at another time or to enroll later at another institution. If you are a degree candidate, withdrawal from your courses also includes withdrawal from the degree program. Thus, to enroll in courses at a later time as a degree candidate, you must apply for re-enrollment.

You may withdraw officially from the University at anytime during the semester, up to and including the last day of classes, but not after the final examination period has begun. For more information, see the campus Registrar or your adviser.

Withdrawing from a semester can affect any financial aid eligibility for the future if you plan to enroll again later. Be sure to talk with the financial aid counselor if you are receiving financial aid.

Confidentiality of Student Records

The University will disclose no information from records, files, and data directly relevant to a student to anyone outside the University without the written consent of the student, except pursuant to lawful subpoena or court order. This information may be shared by officials within the University if appropriate.

Directory Information

Student record information is confidential and private. In accordance with both Federal law and University policy, the University does not release student record information without prior written consent. The one exception to this is that the University will release the following "directory information" items without prior student consent: name, address (local, home and electronic mail), telephone number, class level (semester class or level: first-year, sophomore, junior, senior, etc.), major, student activities, weight/height (athletic teams), date(s) of attendance, enrollment status (full-time, part-time), date of graduation, degrees and awards received and where received, and most recent educational institution attended.

Students may request that these items not be publicly released by contacting the campus registrar's office. Please be prepared to provide personal identification. Students will be asked to complete the Request to Withhold Directory Form.

Changing Campus/Transfers

Change of assignment from Penn State Lehigh Valley to University Park can only occur when the local campus can no longer offer a full course schedule toward the student's major. Most students can expect to get a full course schedule for two years at the Lehigh Valley campus, in more than 160 baccalaureate majors offered by Penn State.

For degree program descriptions and information, refer to The Pennsylvania State University Bulletin.

Students can request change to a campus other than University Park, if they can pursue their educational program at that campus location. Students should discuss plans for a location change with their faculty adviser.

Housing information is available in the Office of Student Affairs or visit http://www.lv.psu.edu/StudentLife/living.htm?cn25C.

Office Personnel

Katherine Eck, Campus Registrar

Phone: 610-285-5060
Fax: 610-285-5135

Danyell Fondl

Administrative Support Assistant
Phone: 610-285-5060
Fax: 610-285-5135