Enhance your skills or prepare for a new career in early childhood education and youth through this program that is firmly grounded in both behavioral and biological health. Human development employment is a rapidly expanding field and expected to grow further the next ten to twenty years. Learn more about careers in this field.
- Accelerated courses meet once a week for seven weeks and include online learning components; other courses meet either 2 or 3 times each week for 15 weeks; summer offerings are available.
- Combine this credit certificate with an existing Penn State baccalaureate major where the credits can double-count in both categories.
- Transfer these certificate courses to other 2- and 4-year institutions
- Courses can be taken individually or in combination with other Penn State courses
- Complete the certificate program at a pace to meet your needs.
- Credits may be applied to a bachelor’s degree (map out a plan with one of our advisers).
Contact the Penn State Lehigh Valley Office of Admissions (610-285-5035) or the Psychology Program Coordinator, Dr. Peter Behrens (610-285-5103; email@example.com)
Certificate in Early Childhood and Youth Studies
This 15-credit certificate program is intended to supplement and enhance Penn State majors where students are interested in early childhood education, early intervention programs, youth services, and developmental and health psychology.
Foundation Courses - 9 credits
Take 6 credits listed
PSYCH 100 Psychology (3)
PSYCH 212 Developmental Psychology (3)
Take 3 credits from the list
BI SC 004 Human Body: Form and Function (3)
BIOL 141 Introductory Physiology (3)
NUTR 251 Introductory Principles of Nutrition (3)
Professional Electives - 6 credits
Take 6 credits from the list
BB H 101 Introduction to Biobehavioral Health (3)
EDPSY 014 Learning and Instruction (3)
HD FS 229 Infant and Child Development (3)
HD FS 239 Adolescent Development (3)
Interested in starting here and moving to another campus?
Click here for information about the first two years at PSULV.
PSYCHOLOGY IMPORTANT LINKS
For admissions information, contact the Lehigh Valley Admissions Office at 610-285-5051.
- Resources for Psychology Students